<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d14638187\x26blogName\x3dCALL+TO+DISCERNMENT\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://calltodiscernment.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://calltodiscernment.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d3668006721206829503', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Call To Discernment

Calling Christians to Biblical Christianity. Christians must have discernment in all areas of life in this end time of deception, realizing also that American leadership of both political parties are leading us into the New World Order of the coming antichrist. Do not be conformed to this world. Rom. 12:2. Expose the deeds of darkness. Eph. 5:11. "He that is not zealous against error, is not likely to be zealous for truth." J.C. Ryle ----- [NEW AND IMPROVED BLOG UNDER CONSTRUCTION] 

November 29, 2015

9:05 AM - I'm Nearer Home

Today is my birthday. One year closer to home. I can't believe I'm 65 today. This old body has taken a licking but keeps on ticking. Actually, except for my chronic neck trouble I'm in remarkably good health. I sure don't feel 65 on good days and don't look it either. I take no prescription medicine. Not many men my age can fittingly wear the same clothes they wore during high school years. Most of mine have long since worn out but not all. Even a few name tags remain that my mom sewed on for college. I haven't bought a new suit since I was in high school. Back then all clothes were 100% American made.

I Spent most of yesterday working outside in the gorgeous Indian summer weather. I have much to be thankful for but I sure don't want to live to old age in this satanic world. Whether by rapture, preferably, or death I'm looking forward to home and the greatest family reunion ever, with Jesus as the host. This song is another one of my favorite's from the past. I just wish the last verse had of been included.



I walked with God, through all the years.
Through flame or flood, through pain and tears.
I'll follow Him, His voice obey
I'm nearer home, than I was yesterday.

I'm nearer home, than I was yesterday.
I'm closer to God, along the way.
Each step I take, each prayer I pray
I'm nearer home, than I was yesterday.

The fleeting clouds, that sweep the sky.
The whispering winds, that chill and die.
The drifting sands, all speak and say.
You're nearer home than you were yesterday.

I'm nearer home, than I was yesterday.
I'm closer to God, along the way.
Each step I take, each prayer I pray
I'm nearer home, than I was yesterday.

Each thought I think, each breath I take.
Each step brings me nearer, to heavens gate.
I'll shout when I, am called away.
I'm nearer home, than I was yesterday.

I'm nearer home, than I was yesterday.
I'm closer to God, along the way.
Each step I take, each prayer I pray
I'm nearer home, than I was yesterday.

Labels: , ,


Post a Comment

© Steven Garren 2005 - Powered for Blogger by Blogger Templates

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Subscribe in a reader