<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d14638187\x26blogName\x3dCALL+TO+DISCERNMENT\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://calltodiscernment.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://calltodiscernment.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d3668006721206829503', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Call To Discernment

Calling Christians to Biblical Christianity. Christians must have discernment in all areas of life in this end time of deception, realizing also that American leadership of both political parties are leading us into the New World Order of the coming antichrist. Do not be conformed to this world. Rom. 12:2. Expose the deeds of darkness. Eph. 5:11. "He that is not zealous against error, is not likely to be zealous for truth." J.C. Ryle ----- [NEW AND IMPROVED BLOG UNDER CONSTRUCTION] 

September 19, 2015

10:19 PM - Don't Let This Be Your Fate

Sorry, I Never Knew You is an old classic southern gospel song popularized by the Sego Brothers and Naomi in their prime. I have always loved it. The words are based on Matthew 7:21-23. It's message is timeless as long as God's grace is still available. The second video is a perfect followup to the song. It was a message delivered at the funeral of a believer in which this song was played. Even in death this man gave a final call to 'Christians' to be sure they are saved. The song was written by country singer Jim Ed Brown (1934-2015). A video performance of the original Sego's can be viewed here. The audio clip is from a message by J. Harold Smith stating his opinion on how few church people are truly saved. And this was 50 years ago! God only knows how few the number is now. And this is church goers. It doesn't include the rest of the population.

“Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’
Matthew 7:21-23





Last night as I lay sleeping
A dream came to me
I dreamed about the end of time about eternity
I saw a million sinners
Fall on their knees to pray
The Lord he sadly shook his head and this I heard him say
Sorry I never knew you
Depart from me forevermore
Sorry I never knew you
Go and serve the one that you have served before
I thought the time had fully come that I must stand the trial
I told the Lord that I had been a Christian all the while
But through his book he took a look and sadly shook his head
Then placed me over on his left and this I heard him say
Sorry I never knew you
I find no record of your birth
Sorry I never knew you
Go and serve the one that you served down on earth
There were my wife and children
I heard their loving voice
They must have been so happy
O how they did rejoice
Their robes of white around them
Their faces all aglow
My little girl looked over at me and this I heard her say
Daddy we can't go with you
We must dwell in the joys of our Lord
Sorry for we still love you
But you 'll never be our daddy anymore
Now when I had awakened
The tears were in my eyes
And looking all around me
And there to my surprise
There were my loving babies
I knew it was a dream
Down beside that bed of mine You should have heard me scream
Father who art in Glory
I know thou gave thine only Son
Father please forgive me
For I want to be ready when you come.

Labels: , ,


Post a Comment

© Steven Garren 2005 - Powered for Blogger by Blogger Templates

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Subscribe in a reader