<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d14638187\x26blogName\x3dCALL+TO+DISCERNMENT\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://calltodiscernment.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://calltodiscernment.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d3668006721206829503', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Call To Discernment

Calling Christians to Biblical Christianity. Christians must have discernment in all areas of life in this end time of deception, realizing also that American leadership of both political parties are leading us into the New World Order of the coming antichrist. Do not be conformed to this world. Rom. 12:2. Expose the deeds of darkness. Eph. 5:11. "He that is not zealous against error, is not likely to be zealous for truth." J.C. Ryle ----- [NEW AND IMPROVED BLOG UNDER CONSTRUCTION] 

July 18, 2015

10:44 PM - This World is Not My Home

Pessimism is a denial of faith, and optimism is as core as the creeds of the church. What do we have to be so blatantly upbeat about? Name them. God uses even bad days to make us better. No blindside attack from earthside forces can separate us from the love of Christ. Unwanted interruptions are scheduled by Him as appointments to accomplish things He would not be otherwise able to get done in and through us. And soon He is coming to take us home! Whether at the Rapture or through death, it's a totally optimistic thought that, as the song says, "This world is not my home; I'm just a-passin' through."
Joseph Stowell


Even in the best of times why anybody would want to be at home in this world is beyond me. The saying goes, "home is where the heart is." How sad for Jesus that so few Christians have their hearts in heaven. For Bible believers the best, by far, is yet to come.

This World is Not My Home, a short lesson by Winford Claiborne, The International Gospel Hour
http://www.gospelhour.net/2288.html

Words and music by Alfred E. Brumley, 1936. The first video by Students of Charity Youth Bible School Choir, approximately 650 students. The second version by Daniel O'Donnell. There are some variation of words by different performers but the ones below I got from a church hymnal.



This World Is Not My Home

This world is not my home I'm just passing through
My treasures are laid up somewhere beyond the blue
The angels beckon me from heaven's open door
And I can't feel at home in this world anymore.

Refrain:
Oh Lord, you know I have no friend like you
If heaven's not my home then Lord what will I do
The angels beckon me from heaven's open door
And I can't feel at home in this world anymore.


They're all expecting me and that's one thing I know
My Saviour pardoned me and now I onward go
I know he'll take me thru tho I am weak and poor
And I can't feel at home in this world anymore.

Refrain:

I have a loving mother up in Gloryland
And I don't expect to stop until I shake her hand
She's waiting now for me in heaven's open door
And I can't feel at home in this world anymore.

Refrain:


Just up in Gloryland we'll live eternaly
The saints on every hand are shouting victory
Their songs of sweetest praise drift back from heaven's shore
And I can't feel at home in this world anymore.

Refrain:

Labels: , , ,


Post a Comment

© Steven Garren 2005 - Powered for Blogger by Blogger Templates

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Subscribe in a reader