<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d14638187\x26blogName\x3dCALL+TO+DISCERNMENT\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://calltodiscernment.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://calltodiscernment.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d3668006721206829503', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Call To Discernment

Calling Christians to Biblical Christianity. Christians must have discernment in all areas of life in this end time of deception, realizing also that American leadership of both political parties are leading us into the New World Order of the coming antichrist. Do not be conformed to this world. Rom. 12:2. Expose the deeds of darkness. Eph. 5:11. "He that is not zealous against error, is not likely to be zealous for truth." J.C. Ryle ----- [NEW AND IMPROVED BLOG UNDER CONSTRUCTION] 

June 22, 2015

6:13 PM - The Cost and Fruit of Witnessing for Jesus

(excerpted from the World Missionary Press newsletter for June 2015)

Spiritual Fruit at the Cost of a Leg

"Our people are out every afternoon, going door-to-door handing out Scripture booklets. And yes, we have had some problems from time to time. One day I went to a house and said, 'Hello, could I have a glass of water?' The lady said, 'Yes, one minute.' When she returned, she said to sit down on a bench in the front of the house, and we visited. I asked if I could give her something. She said yes, so I reached into my bag and handed her a Scripture booklet. She looked at it and said, 'Wait a minute for my husband to come out.' In a few minutes, her husband came out holding a pistol and told me, 'This is what I think of your God!' and shot me in the leg. [Doctors] had to remove my leg from the knee down.

"I still pastor my church, and it has not slowed me down. About six months later, as I was walking down a street using crutches, I saw the woman, who came running up to me. I thought, 'Oh, Lord, here goes another leg.' But she said, 'Sir, my family has been mafia for many years, and my husband shot you, but you left the Scripture booklet, How to Know God. As time passed, we read it, and the words in that booklet changed our lives. Our whole family accepted Jesus in our hearts! If you would, could you supply us with some of these booklets to hand out?' I said, 'Gladly!'

"The cost was great, but for me the blessings were far greater! I would gladly give my other leg, or even my life, to see the light of Christ move in someone's life. The man who shot me has a very strong group in his house; they hand out around 200-300 booklets a day. Thank you for supplying Mexico with these life-giving booklets." - Pastor Brayan M., Mexico

http://www.wmpress.org/Newsletters/Newsletters2015/15junenl.shtml

Labels:


Post a Comment

© Steven Garren 2005 - Powered for Blogger by Blogger Templates

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Subscribe in a reader